Tuesday 2 December 2008

Does it ever end?

Jedi was so pleased to get the part of Mary in the school Christmas production, but it looks as though it could be under threat! She has developed a terrible cough and we are desperately hoping it won't get onto her chest like it usually does. She saw the doc today who said she had the start of a crackle on the usual lung, but thinks she should clear it on her own. He has, however, prescribed antibiotics to take in a couple of days if it hasn't cleared.

The dress rehearsal/grandparents production is tomorrow. My parents are coming up to view a bungalow in the village and are hoping to combine the two. Then there are two further evening productions on Thursday and Friday. Hopefully the girls' dad is coming up for Friday night, so all in all I hope Jedi can hold out until the end of the week.

I broke a tooth on my lunch at work yesterday. It's quite bad as half of my tooth is now gone! Luckily it's the inside that has come away so I don't look like I've been fighting, but what a time of year for major dentistry!!!

On the other hand I am loving my new job. Although by Christmas I will be twenty stone! The boss sends out lots of goodies to customers at this time of year, including tins of chocolates and biscuits. Because he is of a generous nature he opens them for us too. Trouble is as soon as one is gone he opens another. This has been going on for two weeks now and there is still another couple to go. When I got into work today there was; a tin of Quality Street, a box of fancy biscuits, a box of After Eights, a chocolate orange and a white chocolate orange, all sat on my desk! Every time I reach for my tray my hand falls into one of them!! I could do with putting on a bit of weight but all this chocolate can't be healthy! Oh! the trials of life.

5 comments:

auntiegwen said...

I can't resist quality street either ! x

Hope Jedi feels better and the tooth not too expensive x

blogthatmama said...

Good on Jedi for the big part, keep dosing her up! We get loads of sweets at work too and it rapidly becomes a very bad habit..

Anonymous said...

Hope Jedi gets better in time for the play, I sympathise over the tooth, done this recently myself but all 'fixed' now....my purse is lighter though *groan*

Anonymous said...

Hope Jedi gets better!
And...can I have your job? I am severely lacking in work...and chocolate...

Anonymous said...

I have tagged you for a Tree Of Happiness Award, visit my blog for details, no worries if you cannot complete it.

Karen x