Thursday 26 June 2008

Windscreen wipers, poems and addiction.

What is it, that when you get to a certain age and level of domesticity, the simplest, benign things excite you? Please don't tell me i'm alone! Like when you get a new washing machine, is it really only me that gets a little bit excited? My windscreen wipers were getting a bit wobbly, so when i put them on they cleared most of the windscreen, just not the bit exactly where i needed to see. So being typically me i kept forgetting to do anything, you know, when the sun is shining, you aren't thinking about windscreen wipers are you? So everytime it rained i had to adopt an unusual driving position to get anywhere, dangerous, i know. So yesterday, being all organised, i bought some new ones. Today when the skies opened i was like a kid, marvelling at the beautiful clear windscreen, that i could actually see through. Is my life really that uninteresting? Really?


I've decided to publish the poem i wrote for my husband's anniversary card. It made us both laugh, and he thought i got it from the net anyway, so maybe it will entertain you! It went something like this;

You make me smile, you make me laugh,
And you look good in the bath.
Even though you're sometimes grumpy,
Your pants are often hard and lumpy.
You wind me up, you drive me mad,
But when you're gone, it makes me sad.
Even though you snore and fart,
I love you with all my heart.


Oh, and addiction. Well, i'm addicted to smoking, The Sims 2 on PC, Facebook...... and now this!! I keep thinking of things i want to say. Please let me know if I bore you, i would hate that to happen.

No comments: